Crookstown Gate Lodge
The building in the photograph was originally built as a mill house on the banks of a small river. It was later redeveloped as a gate lodge for the nearby Bellmont House.
Bellmont House was the residence of Reverend James Crowley in 1814. By 1837 the house was in the ownership of Thomas Herrick who also owned a large nearby flour mill.